Sunday, October 14, 2007

Information World Review

I was the featured blogger this month in Information World Review. The article is online at http://blog.iwr.co.uk/
2007/10/information-pro.html
I was also visited on Friday by Daniel Griffin, interviewing me for an article on information literacy in IWR prompted by the launch of the Centre for Information Literacy Research. One of the things he asked was how a magazine like IWR could help further the cause of IL. Afterwards I thought that one tends to talk in terms of getting things into magazines, rather than planning how you can work jointly with them to advocate information literacy. (I mean magazines and journals other than those specifically about IL.) I made the obvious points about simply carrying articles and case studies, but there is probably more that could be done, or a different approach ...
Photo by Sheila Webber: Cat and kitten in the Retiro, Madrid, October 2007.

No comments: